Cardinal Bank is one of the largest financial institutions headquartered in Northern Virginia and the Commonwealth of Virginia. Cardinal Financial Corporation is comprised of Cardinal Bank, George Mason Mortgage, and Cardinal Wealth Services. Cardinal also has an ownership interest in Bankers Insurance Agency.
With banking offices conveniently located in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia, we provide leading-edge technology and traditional attention to detail and personal service that is second to none.
The Cardinal Advantages
Cardinal Bank is dedicated to helping individuals and businesses achieve their goals by understanding their financial needs. Our bankers listen to your stories. We hear about your ambitions and challenges. Then we go to work matching your needs with the banking solutions that will help you achieve success. Your story becomes our story, too, as we learn about your unique situation and strive to deliver a distinctive, consistent, and superior client experience that combines value, convenience and personal attention.
We are proud to offer a variety of products and services – from home mortgages to small business loans, personal and business deposit accounts, wealth management services and corporate cash management services – offering the right combination of people, products and services to help you get the most of your banking relationship. We hope to have the honor of serving you and helping you pursue the next chapter of your story.
Memberships and Associations
Cardinal Bank is proud to be a part of these memberships and associations:
- Virginia Bankers Association (VBA);
- Virginia Association of Community Bankers (VACB);
- American Bankers Association (ABA);
- Independent Community Bankers Association (ICBA);
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Cardinal Bank offers a variety of checking, savings, money market and certificate of deposit accounts to meet the needs of businesses from those who are just starting out to those who are mature.
Our checking products include:
- Business Chairman’s Club Checking;
- Commercial Checking;
- Business Interest Checking;
- Simply Business Checking.
2 Other Deposit Accounts
We offer additional deposit accounts to support your clients’ needs or to better help manage cash flow:
- Escrow Manager;
- Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts;
- Sweep Services;
- Zero Balance Accounts.
3. Savings and Money Market
Earn more with a savings or money market account:
- Business Monster Money Market;
- Business Money Market;
- Business Simply Savings.
4. Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and CDARS
Earn more with Certificates of Deposit or invest large sums and retain FDIC coverage with CDARS.
5. Overdraft Protection
Cardinal Bank offers options for overdraft protection to help avoid embarrassing moments and fees with Overdraft Protection Line of Credit or Savings/Money Market Overdraft Transfer.
6. Business Insurance
Business Insurance Services Provided Include:
- Property Coverage – Buildings, Business Personal Property, Computer Equipment;
- Professional Liability – Errors and Omissions, Medical Malpractice, Directors and Officers Liability;
- General Liability – Premises and Operations, Personal Injury, Fire Damage, Employment Practices Liability;
- Commercial Automobiles;
- Worker’s Compensation;
- Employee Benefits – Major Medical, Disability, Dental, Group Life, Key Employee Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance;
- And more.
Cardinal Bank works hard to meet more than just the financial needs of the communities in which we serve. The Cardinal Classic represents one of the many ways in which Cardinal gives back to our communities, and continues to be strongly supported by our clients, business partners and community friends.
The Cardinal Classic is an annual golf tournament that benefits the Inova Kellar Center and the Cardinal Community Fund. Cardinal’s mission is to be an enriching influence in the communities we serve in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. It is only through the efforts and support provided by programs like Inova Kellar that we can attempt to support troubled students at critical times, to turn their feelings of hopelessness into an opportunity for a hopeful future.
We are honored to report the 2016 Cardinal Classic reached the $5.3 million dollar fundraising mark and are truly grateful for the generosity of our community friends who believe in the importance of what we do. Collectively, over 500 volunteers, donors, business partners and players participated in the annual event held at the Country Club of Fairfax, reflecting the Classic’s long-standing reputation for contributing to healthy communities throughout the region.
Cardinal Community Fund
The Cardinal Community Fund, the philanthropic arm of the corporation, was created in 2008 to help facilitate our philanthropic efforts and enables Cardinal to provide financial support through its grant program to deserving charitable organizations across Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia.
Since its inception, the Fund has awarded nearly $700,000 to organizations, allowing them to continue the vital work of providing their services to those in need. The Fund is committed to Building Communities Together and supporting local community-enriching organizations whose missions are focused in four key areas:
- Arts &Humanities;
- Children & Families;
- Educational Services;
- Healthcare & Wellness.
Unless your company has knowledgeable and experienced individuals who are dedicated to managing your employee retirement plan, you should consider hiring a financial advisor who specializes in 401(k) plans and is as dedicated to your needs as you are to your employees. All 401(k) plans have the same basic objective – to serve as a retirement savings plan for employees. However, there are many different 401(k) plan models that suit a wide range of specific company needs. The 401(k) advisor’s role is to help you set reasonable expectations, select the most appropriate plan, then manage all the components on an ongoing basis to help ensure a successful plan.
An effective 401(k) advisor is much like a coach, coordinating the work of those with specific expertise in certain areas. Since you have the overall responsibility for all the various plan functions, it is important that you select someone who can manage the whole, rather than just certain parts.
Maintaining an appropriate retirement plan for your company often seems like a daunting task – especially when you consider everything else that goes into running a successful business. For us at Raymond James, it’s one of our specialties. In general, the role of a 401(k) advisor can be segmented into:
- Developing an overall retirement plan strategy with specific goals to ensure success;
- Evaluating and selecting the appropriate service providers for your needs;
- Reviewing the plan design provisions such as matching contribution formulas, profit sharing allocations, etc.;
- Assisting in the design of the investment policy statement (IPS) to help minimize your fiduciary liability;
- Managing the implementation and transition to new providers;
- Serving as the primary contact for all aspects of plan servicing;
- Providing ongoing plan reviews;
- Managing employee communication and investment education;
- Educating plan participants about plan distribution alternatives, provide retirement cash flow analysis, and, whenever necessary, consult with retirees regarding investment asset allocation.
Recently, Cardinal Bank has merged with another bank and now they have a new website www.bankwithunited.com. The previous location of the bank can be viewed here: https://www.cardinalbank.com/locations/.
If you have any questions related to our bank, please feel free to contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment!